Bringing enjoyment to school lunchtimes with local, fresh, great quality food being at the heart of what we do.
Humber Education Trust are delighted to outsource our catering contract to North Yorkshire Education Services.
NYES Catering service has been operational for over 40 years, and operates in more than 240 education sites (plus 1 retail outlet) in, and around Yorkshire. They are knowledgeable, continuously evolving and changing in-line with the up-to-date trends and requirements – whilst always committing to great quality and nutritionally balanced food.
Their brilliant three-weekly menu focus’ on a hot meal or grab and go option, dependent on the school and age, and is served with a selection of healthy side dishes, bread (for primary schools) and a well-stocked salad bar where requested. View our Trust menu here.
Pupils use a lot of energy throughout the day. Eating a school meal can help to keep pupils fuller for longer and help them concentrate in lessons.
School meals offer:
- Hot, healthy and nutritionally balanced menus which are compliant with the School Food Standards and are nutritionally analysed and checked by a Registered Nutritionist.
- A meal that cares about the environment; we are accredited by the Soil Association Food for Life Bronze Award meaning we only use free-range eggs, meat that is Red Tractor and fish that is caught sustainably.
- Value for money for a two-course meal.
- A selection of homemade products (75% of our meals are cooked daily on-site!) and meals that pupils will recognise; providing choice and a variety to suit all tastes.
- The convenience of not needing to prepare packed lunches.
- Higher concentration in lessons following a fulfilling lunchtime meal.
- Creating a continuous learning environment; highlighting the social skills involved with eating with others and making choices.
- A dining space in which they can feel relaxed with friends, in a supervised environment.
NYES are also proud to be able to work with our families on any specific dietary requirements that their pupils may have.
Local & Fresh Produce
NYES promote local and fresh with 75% of our meals being cooked daily on-site and with ingredients from their three main suppliers located within Yorkshire to reduce their carbon footprint and promote local businesses. The understanding of field to fork is important to NYES, and with this in mind they provide fun and educational cookery classes for our pupils (and parents too), where requested, by our passionate and talented Development and Training team; all with numerous years’ experience in the catering and educational setting. To make this more accessible and frequent, NYES are looking to add these online to encourage an easy access opportunity into learning about food. Stay tuned by following the NYES social media accounts (links below) for when this gets launched, and when they’re running competitions!
Food should be fun; so as well as the opportunity of cookery classes, NYES hold promotional days throughout the year. Each promotional day has a different theme and all marketing links to this; including an activity sheet which is a further way for pupils to enjoy the celebration. Ask your school for upcoming promotions or competitions. You can also find these on the back of your menu, as well as a seasonal recipe, and nutrition fact.
We care about our customers, our team, and our brand values; ensuring we provide an enjoyable lunchtime experience with local, fresh, and great quality food for all. If you have any feedback, please let your school know, and NYES dedicated Area Managers will be able to help.
As you can see, we have all the ingredients for a fantastic and knowledgeable catering service for you!
If you would like your child to have a school meal, but are struggling financially, please refer to the government website detailing eligibility and how to apply.