Team Teach Training at Cambridge Park Academy
Team-Teach is a whole setting holistic training approach to behaviour support and interventions aimed at professional settings which may face challenging behaviours. We want all of our staff and the wider education community to have the skills to ensure optimum conditions where our pupils can thrive.
- Team-Teach aims to provide an accredited training framework designed to reduce restraint and risk, through working together to help safeguard people and services.
- To establish bespoke training solutions which can drive positive outcomes
The course is accredited by UK Skills and The Institute of Conflict Management. Courses are structured to accommodate a variety of settings and their individual needs.
Our training solutions are tailored to the needs of both individuals and organisations.
Our trainers consider the settings in which attendees work, the nature of care they provide and the common problems they encounter to deliver practical solutions that lead to real change.
All our training is built on a foundation of respect, both for the responsibility of those we instruct and for the dignity of the children and adults who are the real beneficiaries of our training.
We aim to foster cultures of support, helping people recognise the needs of those they work with, offer help where necessary, and be able to make use of support when offered.
“Strategies that lower risk and minimise intrusive physical intervention”
The positive behaviour management strategies that Team Teach develops and promotes emphasise team building, personal safety, communication, and verbal and non-verbal de-escalation techniques for dealing with challenging behaviour which reduce the need for physical intervention.
We also teach positive handling techniques to resolve conflicts in ways that are safe, and which provide opportunities for repair and reflection for everyone involved.
We enable services to develop acceptable and authorised responses to disruptive, disturbing, angry and aggressive behaviours in a manner that maintains positive relationships and provides safety for all, helping reduce the number of serious incidents involving physical controls, and raising the awareness of the importance of recording, reporting, monitoring and evaluating all incidents involving positive handling.
We see positive handling as just one part of a whole-setting approach to behaviour management. As such, our framework is entirely compatible with Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) approaches for people with learning disabilities.
- 6-hour Foundation Course – suitable for low risk settings.
- 12-hour Basic Course – suitable for higher risk settings.
- Advanced Modules as required are added on to a Basic Course.
- Refresher Courses run to the setting requirements and the time frame given by Team –Teach.
- The courses should be viewed as a whole setting initiative. Course fees are £65 per person.
- Courses are run regularly at Cambridge Park Academy as needed. Please contact us to join an existing course or to ask for a quote for a whole school delivery.
- Each course is 6 hours in length and this can be delivered on a training day or over a series of twilight sessions.
- One-hour refresher courses are also available at a cost of £11 per person per hour.
Courses can be booked by emailing or calling the school: